Wednesday, March 11, 2020
8:30 – 11:45 am – Closing Session
Determining What’s Working:
Evaluating Your Practice to Improve Treatment Delivery
Melissa Grady, PhD, MSW
National Catholic Service of Social Work
Are you a clinician who has ever thought: “How can I tell if my treatment program is working?” or “I wonder what about my program is making the difference with my clients?” or “I wish I could figure out a way to show how effective my program is to others.” If so, then this session will help you address these questions. This session is designed to help practitioners who have an active practice to develop strategies to evaluate their practice in order to improve treatment delivery and outcomes.
Upon completion of this educational activity, attendees should be better able
• To articulate the importance and ways of evaluating practice.
• To understand the role of session-based evaluation methods in improving client outcomes.
• To identify research questions and how to measure them in your practice.
• To identify how to measure the core treatment targets of the intervention program.
• To be able to build a tracking system to measure recidivism.
• To identify community partners to assist with to assessing distal and proximal outcomes.